Labels

Monday 12 November 2012

Benches: 2nd Shoot

This shoot was done whilst visiting Cumbria, I didn't set out to take these however I loved the setting of Maryport harbour as it is very different to the rest of my photos as I do not live near the sea.
-Images 3 and 4 were my favourite ones due to the composition and framing of the bench with it being to the bottom right of the frames.
-I didn't really like images 9-44 because of the locations and the time of day they were taken as it was midday sunlight which gave it quite a flat look.
-Image 27 was the view from the bench in image 10. I felt as though this could be a strong image as there is quite a lot of shadow on the boats but it is bright all around. The reason I have chosen not to take this further is because I do not want to use views from benches in my final images as on a whole I don't normally find their views interesting.


BEFORE


-I chose to develop Image 4 further mainly because of the boat and the clouds. Because this port is full of fishing boats, I wanted to manipulate it in to a fairly harsh looking photo as being in the fishing industry is quite tough.






AFTER

-To get to this result I slightly increased the exposure to make the sunlight that is shining on the left of the bench brighter. Intensifying the blacks created more of a contrast between the grey and white parts of the clouds. I also toned down the saturation and vibrancy of the colours to give a weathered, harsh look. The last thing I did that I think really gives it the harsh look was increasing the clarity to the maximum to make every detail stand out for example, the chipped paint on the railings is much more pronounced.




No comments:

Post a Comment