Labels

Thursday 31 January 2013

Benches: 7th Shoot

After my last shoot in Nottingham City Centre, I wanted to go back and take some photos in some better weather. I wanted to see if the added colour of the sky would improve the look of the benches and the feel of the surroundings as there were much less people around in my previous shoot due to freezing weather conditions.





































- Overall I found this shoot quite difficult in trying to find different designs of benches as many of them were the same brushed chrome benches. Images 50-53 and 59-65 are of the same sort however, I think that 59-65 display the design in a much better way as you can see both the main part of the bench and the detail on the side.
-I thought about the concrete slabs in Trinity Square (images 74-81) that are used for people to sit on but I did not like the outcome as slabs is all that they looked like. 
- I went back to taking photos of the long wooden bench in the Market square (images 82-91) as I wanted to see if the weather made a difference in the feel of the images. I was particularly fond of Image 84 mainly because you are able to see the Council House in the background, making the location identifiable.
- As I did not take my tripod out with me, I had to under expose images 0-10 and make sure that I increase the exposure in post production.
- Image 11 is a photo that was taken on holiday in France, as soon as I saw it I knew that it would fit perfectly with my coursework as the bench suits its surroundings very well.


BEFORE
-I chose to develop this further because I really liked the curved back and the logo that appears on the top left of the bench. It's location played a part in why I like it so much too as this is a very busy shopping street so you don't get the feel of absence because of the shoppers in the background.












AFTER
- I did not want to manipulate this photo massively as I like the original however, I felt as though the shadows on the curved back needed to be that little bit brighter. So I increased the exposure and toned down the blacks.
















BEFORE
- This was my favourite from the photos of this particular bench purely because of the location. Unlike many of my other photographs, you are able to put a name to where this bench is due to the Council House in the background.















AFTER
- I wanted to enhance the brightness of the image to reflect the weather conditions so I slightly increased the exposure and added vibrancy so that the sky and signs on the council house stood out more.













BEFORE

- Due to not having a tripod with me, I had to under expose some images as they were taken indoors. This bench caught my eye straight away with it's pretty, swirly metal work. I was also drawn to it's tattered, decrepit appearance. The mirror behind is another factor that made me take this image as it fits perfectly with the old look that is trying to be created with this bench. I favoured this angle more than the others because the low angle portrays the bench in a way that makes it seem as though it has some form of importance.











AFTER
- The first thing I did was increase the exposure and add more brightness so that the wallpaper was quite bright. I wanted there to be a strong contrast between the darkness of the shadows and everything else so I heightened the contrast a little. Because I increased the vibrancy so that the green ivy stood out more, I had to decrease the saturation as the bench ended up being a garish yellow and I wanted it to stay beige.













BEFORE
- This is one of my favourite photos of my entire collection of photos as everything about it screams nature. The moss on the stone bench is the first thing that caught my eye, this really shows that it is a part of the scenery. 








AFTER
- I wanted to make the texture of the stone stand out a little bit more so I increased the clarity to 23. This is definitely a contender for my final images as it looks on the design of the bench but you are also able to clearly see it's location.






No comments:

Post a Comment